melissamosloski5

melissamosloski5

Cross Country Christmas (The 12 NA's of Christmas)
Tiffany King
a book that I'm seriously,
deeply, madly, incredibly,
and undeniably in love
with.

When a book dominates my Goodreads feed with 5 star ratings, I jump at the chance to see what the hype is about. That is the situation with Slammed by Colleen Hoover. I had no idea who Colleen Hoover was (*hangs head in shame*) and I had no idea what her book was about, but with that many 5 star ratings, what do I have to lose, right?

I jumped blindly into this book without even glancing at the synopsis but came out with my eyes wide open (albeit, a little bloodshot from crying.) Slammed is about poetry, love, heartbreak, death, sacrifice, responsibility, The Avett Brothers (had to throw that one in there for you Colleen) and overcoming hurdles that life throws at you. I don't want to attempt a summary of the book for fear that I will give away spoilers, but I will say that it is an emotional journey that you shouldn't dare miss.

I give Slammed 5 stars due to the emotional turmoil it put me through, the heartache I felt for the characters, the way that it made me laugh out loud, and the fact that it kept me from sleeping because I just couldn't put it down.

I would recommend this book to anyone that loves YA and loves to experience an emotional journey.

And with that, I am off to Google poetry slams in my area. After reading about them, I kinda want to experience one for myself.

(By the way, the opening of my review was an adaptation of a poem from Slammed, giving all the credit to Collen for that one.)